DV Lottery - Japan.
People born in Japan are eligible to participate in the American diversity program. Even if they are living in another country today or what country passport they are holding.
They must have High school / Upper secondary school Degree or work experience as per the DV-2021 Instructions. And it is a requirement for thm to have their valid International passport. Its details should be eentered in the DV2021 application form.
Next expected DV draw, which is also popularly known as green card lottery program. Here.
Elgibility. Applicants Eligibility
Japanese born people staying in the USA too can participate and while staying legally can change their status to LPR through DV normal processing.
Here is a special notice from the U.S Embassy in Japan.
"IMPORTANT NOTICE TO DV-2020 WINNERS:
- For the DV-2020 program winners who begin applying for immigrant visas on and after October 3, 2018, the Department of State will use an electronic application form.
- This form, the DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application, is completed on-line and will allow for more efficient processing of DV program applications.
- The DS-260 will be available at ceac.state.gov beginning May 19.
- Winners for the DV-2020 program may not use the paper form used in previous years to apply for the diversity visa.
- Because the DV program is still transitioning to the on-line application form, the "Visa Status Check" functions on the on-line system will not work for DV applications initially. A status check for a DV application will return an error message until the case is scheduled for interview. It is important that DV program applicants understand this error does not indicate a problem with the actual application.
- This check status functionality will be enabled in the coming year."
- DV2020 and DV2021 Online Results check here
- Winner Processing. here
- KCC information. here
- USICS. here
- US Embassy in Japan. here
- Online Visa Application for DV 2020 Winners DS-260. Here
- Visa Fees: Here
- Visa Interview: Here
- Affidavit of Support I-134. Here.