DV Lottery Photo Requirements.
DV-2017 Green Card visa lottery program participants must upload a digital color photo file along with their duly filled E-DV entry form.
And the photo file should meet the requirements of the DV 2017 visa lottery Instructions. It is better to take the color photo file from a professional photographer or reputed studio as there are many guide lines regarding the photo. It is very simple like you have to ask the studio people to give you one American visa photo in CD, USB flash drive, memory card or send it to your email address. So in this way you can get the photo to your PC, laptop or Tablet.
If you are a married person, then your spouse photo file too should be uploaded along with her name and details through the application form.
Those applicants who have eligible children must upload each of their separate photo files along with their names and details in their birth order.
All photos must be recently taken one. (Within 6 months on the date of application.)
Don't try to submit any entry without the persons' image (any of the eligible member of your family or your spouse) as the entry will not be accepted by the system.
Group photos, black and white, monochrome, or grayscale ones will not be accepted in this visa lottery program.
You too can take either a digital photograph by taking with a digital camera, Smartphone or Tablet or scan a photo print according to the DV Lottery instructions.
Follow these guidelines, when taking a photo to participate in the draw,
The person must face the camera straight, and the head not in tilted position, not wearing any glasses that may obstruct the eyes, Not wearing any head cover or caps (except for religious belief).
Back ground space behind the person must be light colored wall or board.
It must be in good focus.
The digital image must confirm to the following compositional specifications.
- Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
- Image Resolution: 600 pixels high by 600 pixels wide.
- Image Color Depth: 24-bit color [Note: Color photographs are required. Black and white, monochrome images (2-bit color depth), 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale will not be accepted.
If you are going to scan a photograph for the draw, adujst the scanner setting in the following ways.
- Resolution: Scanning resolution, at least 150 dots per inch (dpi).
- File Format: Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Size: 240 kilobytes (240 KB) or less.
- Resolution: 600 by 600 pixels.
- Color Depth: 24-bit color.
Photos source: Dept. of State U.S