DV Lottery Photo Requirements.
DV-2017 Green Card visa lottery program participants must upload a digital color photo file along with their duly filled E-DV entry form.
And the photo file should be made according to the DV-2017 Instructions. To make a good photo file, get the color photo file to be taken from a professional photographer or reputed studio as there are many guide lines regarding it. Ask the studio people to give you one American visa photo in CD, USB flash drive, memory card or send it to your email address. Then you can get the photo file to your PC, laptop or Tablet and can use it to apply for the draw easily.
If you are a married person, your spouse photo file too should be uploaded along with her name and details in the application form.
Those applicants who have eligible children must upload each of their separate photo files along with their names and details in their birth order for the draw at the time of submitting your entry.
The rules clearly indicate that all photos must be recently taken one. (Within 6 months on the date of application.)
Don't try to submit entry without the persons' image (any of the eligible members of your family or your spouse) as the entry will not be accepted by the system and it will be shown to you with the error.
Group photos, black and white, monochrome, or grayscale ones are not allowed to be inserted in the application form.
Get a digital photograph by taking it with a digital camera, Smartphone or Tablet or scan a photo print according to the instructions.
Follow these guidelines, when you are taking a photo for the draw.
The person must face the camera straight, and the head not in tilted position, not wearing any glasses that may obstruct the eyes, Not wearing any head cover or caps (except for religious belief).
Back ground space behind the person must be light colored wall or board.
It must be in good focus.
The digital image must confirm to the following compositional specifications.
- Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
- Image Resolution: 600 pixels by 600 pixels up to 1200px X 1200px (Width and height must be equal).
- Image Color Depth: 24-bit color [Note: Color photographs are required. Black and white, monochrome images (2-bit color depth), 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale will not be accepted.
If you are going to scan a photograph for the draw, adjust the scanner setting in the following ways.
- Resolution: Scanning resolution, at least 150 dots per inch (dpi).
- File Format: Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Size: 240 kilobytes (240 KB) or less.
- Resolution: 600 by 600 pixels up to 1200px X 1200px (Width and height must be equal)
- Color Depth: 24-bit color.
Photos source: Dept. of State U.S