Failure at DV Lottery Visa interview.
8:43 AM 7/21/2016
Plenty of winners who are selected under the American diversity visa lottery program used to lose their visas and their visa processing fees too in the interview, every year.
Most of them enter in to this DV Lottery program because this is a free to apply program without proper knowledge of the draw and its rules. Most of the people think that these American visas are coming free of charge through this visa lottery every year.
Actually the DV lottery program is covered with strict rules.
If you don't respect the rules, you will lose the American entry permit along with your processing fees. Take note that there are only 50,000 entry permits available for any of the fiscal year program.
Only submitting the entry form is free but if you are selected as a winner then you will have to pay the visa processing fees not only for you but for all your family members even if they are not intended to travel and settle in the USA.
Also there are other expenses as,
- Fees for medical
- Fees for police clearance.
- Some people must travel to other countries to attend the interview
- Air tickets.
For to issue 50,000 American visas nearly 100,000 people will be selected as winners and will be asked to proceed with the winning under the normal immigration process to get your entry permit. So there is no guarantee that all the winners will be issued with the required entry permits.
These are the main things that you have to provide to the consular officer, by satisfying them only you will be issued with the entry permits. Otherwise you will fail at the interview.
- Successfully passed high school certificate after studying primary and high school for 12 years or must have the required work experience.
- Affidavit of Support, to prove that you will not require public funds to survive in the USA.
- Medical certificate to prove that you are health person.
- Police clearance to prove that you are not a criminal.
- Must pay the visa processing fee in time.
- Must provide all the important original documents. (Along with the translation if necessary.)
- Must provide valid passport (with more than 6 months validity.) with enough pages.
- It is not necessary for the Applicants to speak English to get the entry permit if they are selected in the program.
- Main reasons for the rejection.
- Birth Country eligibility.
- If primary applicant had submitted multiple entries, he will be disqualified.
- Not having perfect education or proper work experience.
- Not providing proper Affidavit of Support.
- Suffering from a communicable disease will be rejected.
- Security clearance done by some departments in the USA, even if you had provided the police clearance.
- Winners banned by US State Department for immigration violation.
- Failure to include any of your eligible family members will make you disqualified from the program.
- Fraud marriages that are arranged by the agents for to assist another person to get American visa, will result in the refusal and you will be banned for life from entering USA.
- Chewing history of Kat.
So these are some of the important things that can make a winner to be rejected at the time of the interview. It is important for you to read the current instructions carefully.
If your immigration application is rejected at the interview under the DV-Lottery, it is final decision.
Paid processing fee is also lost as it is a non refundable payment.
You can't re-apply.
You can't complaint against their final decision anywhere.