DV-2018 for Sri Lanka.
5:42 AM 7/20/2016
DV-2018 is the next American visa lottery program that is going to accept entries in this year 2016. This program is officially administered by the American Government and it is the best thing for Sri Lanka people who want to live and work permanently in the USA can try this visa lottery program to check their luck. Selected winners will not get the Green cards right away but they will have to proof their eligibility at the time of their interview to obtain one of the available visas.
This draw which is operated worldwide by the American Government allows 55,000 lucky eligible winners to live and work in the U.S.A.
Sri Lanka born people are allowed to participate in this draw even if they are holding another country passport or citizenship it is not a problem to participate in the draw, your birth country eligibility is the main thing to participate in this draw, and the draw is covered with strict rules.
People with the required eligibility are allowed to enter ONE entry as primary applicant with his/her name in any given year, during the entry accepting period.
You don't need to pay any fees to submit your entry online with the required digital photo file. This procedure is also called as green-card lottery in many parts of the world. This program used to offer between 500 - 900 immigrant visas annually to Sri Lanka out of the available 55,000 entry permits.
Srilanka people can apply themselves or can use an agent like "BBS Netting" to apply for the draw. We recommend you to apply through genuine companies as they too will have your confirmation number and they too will check your selection status.
Eligibility. Applicants Eligibility
According to the U.S embassy in Colombo,
Participants from here must have passed the GCE A/L examination completely including the compulsory subjects or must have 2 years of work experience within the last five years in a profession that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform it. (That job must be an approved according to the draw instructions.) Very few people do qualify through the work experience at the interview.
Our advice: If you don't have the GCE A/L examination certificate; don't participate in this draw. According to the Embassy announcement "completion of 6 GCE O-level subjects is no longer sufficient to qualify for the DV program."
DV-2017 Results for Srilanka Applicants.
The entire DV-2017 applicants can check their results online NOW with their confirmation number and with their personal information.
The results checking facility had opened from the month of May 2016.
Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky, WILL NOT SEND OUT selected winners' notification by postal mail as it was before.
Postal mail E-mail, fax or phone will not be used to announce the selection and if you get any notification through any of this method, double check it as it may be a scam one.
- Selectees must proof their eligibility to the Consular office by paying a non refundable processing fee of $ 330 for the main applicant and to each of his/her dependants, on their interview day.
- If a father is selected with wife and two eligible children, then he must pay US$ 330 X 4 = US$ 1,320 in total or equivalent in local currency on the day of his interview only to the US Embassy and all the dependants too must attend the interview.
- The processing fee may be paid in US$ or local currency in the form of bank draft drawn in favor of the US Consular office. Those who had obtained the entry permits only must pay $165 to the USCIS office before they fly. Get your code number from the U.S Embassy.
- Winner must get their Sri Lanka police clearance from the Police head quarters located in Colombo.
- It may take 3 - 4 weeks of time and the fee should be paid by the applicant to obtain which is Rs 500/-.
- Those who had stayed in foreign countries must obtain their police clearance through the relevant Embassies.
- Higher educational certificates must be obtained from the education department.
- Once the requirement is submitted by the applicant a token will be given to the applicant. (Applicant must not collect the certificate himself.)
- The token must be hand over to the consular office before the interview date on any day between Mondays to Thursday.
- The consular office will collect the original O/L, A/L certificates from the Sri Lanka Examination Department.
DV-2017 winners Sri lanka.
DV-2016 visa lottery program is going to close on 30th September 2016. Mean while all the visas are already exhausted under this program.
If you are one of the DV-2016 visa lottery program winner, prepare yourself to apply for the next coming visa lottery as your winning is made NULL.
The next American visa lottery is DV-2018 and it will be available to apply in this year 2016.
Source: US State Department.