DV-Lottery for Nepal
12/4/2012 by Bala.Pala
Nepal is one of the eligible countries in the Asia region for to participate in the American DV-Lottery program. Winners will have to pay a processing fee of US$ 330 and each of his dependants too must pay US$ 330 to the Kathmandu U.S Embassy office on the day of their interview.
If a Nepal born person regardless of where he is living now or what passport he has also no matter, can apply for the draw. But there are some conditions apply for them.
He must have the following requirements,
- Their age must be more than of 18.
- Their education must be Intermediate or certificate level, which the degree is obtained for successfully finishing two years in college after ten years of school.
- Ten plus two that includes twelve years of formal schooling (academic or in special cases vocational).
- Attendance in a college or 10+2 institute is mandatory to count as twelve years of formal schooling.
- Private exams taken in lieu of school attendance do not count as twelve years of formal education under the laws of the United States.
- Vocational degrees, including the CTEVT, will count only if they are accepted in Nepal as a basis for further academic study to all programs in all institutes of higher education.
- Vocational degrees that allow limited admission to selected programs do not count as twelve years of formal education by the DV program.
- If you failed to include your spouse and children details you will be disqualified from the green card lottery program.
- If you are selected for further processing, you will NOT be notified by Postal mail any more.
- You have to check your results from May till next year June using your confirmation number.
- If you are selected by the draw follow the instruction shown in the web site.
- If any Nepal born person is being selected for the green card lottery program while staying in the USA and if have enough time to complete the winning process can contact the USCIS office to change their current status to LPR status when their case numbers becomes current in the visa bulletin.
- Those who are not selected for the draw can apply for the next coming program.
DV-2013 Results, Second letter and the Interview for Nepal winners.
Those names which had been selected by the computer random draw from Nepal can check their status in the official web site now.
Interviews were started from 1st of October 2012 and will continue till 30th September 2013. The second letter or NL or visa interview notification which indicates the time and date of the interview will be sent to those who are selected for the interviews, 4-6 weeks prior to their interview dates.
Nepal natives were already allowed to submit entries in the year 2012 and the selection results will be released in the Month of May 2013.
The Nepal selectee will have to act faster as it will close on 30th September 2014. And the available visas may exhaust earlier than the closing date.
Next coming program will be called as DV-2015.
Post your comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 593 DV2010 winners name list and address are available in this web site. The winners are from Nepal.