DV Lottery - Japan.
Japan born people are eligible to participate in the American diversity program and it doesn't matter where they are livfing todqay or what country passport they are holding.
They must have High school / Upper secondary school Degree or work experience as per the draw instruction.
Next expected draw which is also popularly known as green card lottery program. Here.
Elgibility. Applicants Eligibility
Japanese born people staying in the USA can participate and while staying legally can change their status to LPR through DV normal processing.
Here is a special notice from the U.S Embassy in Japan.
"IMPORTANT NOTICE TO DV-2017 WINNERS:
- For the DV-2017 program winners who begin applying for immigrant visas on and after October 1, 2014, the Department of State will use an electronic application form.
- This form, the DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application, is completed on-line and will allow for more efficient processing of DV program applications.
- The DS-260 will be available at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ beginning May 19.
- Winners for the DV-2017 program may not use the paper form used in previous years to apply for the diversity visa.
- Because the DV program is still transitioning to the on-line application form, the "Visa Status Check" functions on the on-line system will not work for DV applications initially. A status check for a DV application will return an error message until the case is scheduled for interview. It is important that DV program applicants understand this error does not indicate a problem with the actual application.
- This check status functionality will be enabled in the coming year."