DV-Lottery For Ghana.
DV-Lottery is one of the popular paths seek by the Ghana people to immigrate to the U.S.A legally. Lot of Ghanaians used to participate in this draw every year to see their luck whether it can take them to a new life. The ones who are staying or studying in the USA too can participate in the system.
But one thing most of them ignore to take care of the tough rules that are covering the draw. Because of this some people used to loose not only the visa at the interview but also the processing fees too. This is a bigger amount for an ordinary Ghanaian.
There are 50,000 slots available for to immigrate to the U.S.A every year under this computer random name selection system.
All the African region countries are eligible to participate in this lotto including Ghana.
Take not that anyone country can't get more than 7% of the total entry permits in any given year. It means the maximum number is - 3,500.
Eligibility to participate in DV-Lottery.
Must have been born here, regardless of in which country he is living or holding a foreign passport.
Meet the required education or the required work experience.
Here it is.
- To participate in the green card lottery must have five passes in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Ordinary and Advance Levels examinations or a West African Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (WASSCE) or a Senior School Certificate of Education (SSSCE) including English and Mathematics or an HND Certificate or University Degree.
- Through the working experience.
It is very tough and very few people qualify through this work experience. The selected work must be an approved one by the American DOL.
- Age level should be more than 18 years of age to meet the education level.
- Only one entry is allowed per person in any of the given year program.
- Must use the online application form the E-DV entry to participate in the entry submission period.
- Single person must play here as unmarried with her/his digital photo file.
- Married person must include her/his spouse and all the required children along with their individual photo files.
- Failure to include dependants will result in rejection at any time.
Also those who were born in ineligible country and got married to any Ghana natives too can participate in this name selection claiming their spouse eligibility. The important thing is if such person wins the American lotto and gets the entry permits, then must enter in to the USA along with the Ghanaian spouse. Other wise the person will not be allowed to enter in to the USA under this name selection program.
- DV-Results will not be sent through postal mail, e-mail or fax.
- You must check it online with your confirmation number where It will be available from 01/05/2013 onwards.
The Processing fee.
US$ 330 per person where each of your dependants too must pay this amount. It should be paid only to the US Embassy on the day of your interview.
This fee is for processing only. If you are found ineligible at the interview you will loose the visa and the processing fee together.
Getting the interview letter doesn't guarantee that you will be issued with an American visa to immigrate to the States.
I had lost the confirmation number. Will they issue it again?
No it won't be reissued. Try the next lottery.
When the DV-2015 will accept entries?
In the year 2013 it will accept entries for a period of 30 days.
Post your comments and questions to email@example.com