DV Lottery Confirmation Number.
7:37 AM 11/30/2016
Diversity visa lottery confirmation number will be displayed in your PC screen, when the system had accepted a duly filled E-DV entry with applicant's image. The confirmation number will be for the fiscal year draw. Also the success page will contain full name, day, date, year and the time the entry has been accepted. There will be a "Digital Signature" in the page, but it doesn't have any value for the applicant. Confirmation number is the only one that is important there. Most of the Africa region used to call it as confirmation ticket.
This confirmation number will act as password to check your status in the coming year.
The DV confirmation code will allow to check the selection results from this year May to next year September only.
DV Lottery results will not be announced through postal mail, phone and email.
If you are not shown with this confirmation number means that your entry has not been submitted to the program.
Last year held program DV-2017, did show many people with double entry warning when they submitted entry for the second time when they didn't received their confirmation number for technical error on their side. Now they can recover it.
The Confirmation number used to contain 16 digits of alphanumeric in it along with the fiscal year in the front of the code.
For the current DV-2017 visa lottery program, the confirmation number will start with 2017.
For the diversity visa lottery program DV-2018, the confirmation code will start with 2018.
So you must understand that the code will act as a password to check your online selection results..
1. Online status result.
- What to do with the confirmation number, when the computer screen displays it?
- Write it down in a paper and keep it in a safe place.
- It can be saved in your computer. Or make a print out of that page.
2. Saving a web page in your computer.
- Click the "File" in the browser's top left corner.
- Click on the "Save As" (A box will open)
- There select where you want to save the file and give a name for the file and click "Save".
- Once you saved the page in your computer, it won't look like as was in the browser, when you look at it after you saving it.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can give print order to make a PDF file of that page.
3. Printing a web page.
- Start your printer and keep it with blank papers before submit your entry.
- Once you got the page, click the "File" in the browser's top left corner.
- Click on the "Print"
- A box will show, there select your printer and press the "Print" button.
- The confirmation will come out from the printer as a print out.
- So keep it careful. It can't be recovered or reissued by the KCC.
- If you missed it you won't be able to check your status online, in the coming year.
I checked and found out that I am not selected in the American Government official website as a winner.
Do I need to keep the confirmation code with me?
Yes, must keep it till September next year. Sometime they may select small number of winners in the coming months for the program.
The confirmation number which I got for the last year draw is good to check my selection in this year draw?
No, it is for that fiscal year program only and for the current year you must use the current year one..
My agent said that I had been selected for the draw, but he wants money to provide my confirmation number, what to do?
Because of this the Department of State had advised to apply for the program yourself.
Did you paid for the service of that agent?
If yes, report this incident to your local police, local Embassy and to the KCC with full details along with your photograph.
Lost or missed placed confirmation number.
If happened to miss the last digit, the system won't accept this as a valid confirmation code. If you had lost or miss placed your confirmation number visit DV-Confirmation
They will assist you to obtain it, for a small fee.